BASELINE DYNO NUMBERS VS GEARHEAD TUNED DYNO NUMBERS
BASELINE DYNO NUMBERS (275HP AND 353 TORQUE)
GEARHEAD DYNO NUMBERS (316HP AND 380 TORQUE)
CUSTOM TUNING NUMBERS WITH INTAKE AND CATTED DOWN-PIPE (331HP AND 402 TORQUE)
Auto Octane Adjust: Version 2.0
As we all know, 93 octane isn’t available at every gas station across the country — and even your local filling station doesn’t always receive consistent batches of fuel, So what happens if you get a bad tank of gas or simply can’t get the good stuff when you take a trip? Frequently, aftermarket ECU tunes require a certain octane rating and don’t take into account the fact that you may not always be able to run that same octane rating in your truck.
Perhaps the most important aspect included in Gearhead’s tuning is its retention of the factory “auto octane adjustment” feature present in the ECU. This feature allows the ECU to self-adjust according to the type of fuel being used (be it 87, 90 or 93 octane, etc.). But, not only does Gearhead keep this feature, they improve it. Gearhead augments the factory auto octane adjustment strategy in a way that allows considerably more power to be made as you step up your octane rating (without changing the tune).
What are you getting by choosing Gearhead?
- 315+ Horsepower and 380+ Torque
- “Auto Octane” adjust-ability for all pump gas fuel grades (You will have the best optimization of the tune using premium fuel)
- Transmission shift strategy for the best daily driver characteristics
- Utilizes 2nd gear while coming to a stop. (factory skips from 3 to 1)
- Most will see an improvement in fuel mileage with good driving habits
How to order custom tuning?
- First step is to make the purchase off the website
- After the order is complete fill out the tuning form provided
Typical turn around is 2-3 business days. (If you purchase a device as well typically the device will ship the same day)