SEE FEEDBACK FROM THE EXPLORER ST COMMUNITY HERE:
Detailed product review by user ZFGracing at ExplorerST.org
- Direct bolt-on replacement – no modification required
- 85 degree reduction in Charge Air Temperature observed in real-world conditions (charts below)
- 214% greater volume and 260% greater frontal area compared to the OEM intercooler (cooling area is 26.5″ x 15.75″ x 2″)
- High-flow cast end tanks (featuring the CVF logo) ensure considerably better airflow efficiency than welded aluminum
- TIG-welded bar-and-plate construction
- CVF Lifetime Warranty
LESS HEAT, MORE POWER
The CVF Performance Intercooler for 2020-2023 Ford Explorer ST is a direct fit replacement that is over two times the size of the stock unit. As the charts above indicate, during independent testing we’ve observed a reduction of over 85 degrees in Charge Air Temperature where it matters: on the street, and not at the dyno (the same vehicle under similar conditions for both the OEM and CVF Performance Intercooler runs).
EXCEPTIONAL CONSTRUCTION FOR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY
Manufactured from top-grade aluminum, the CVF Performance Intercooler features a TIG-welded bar-and-plate design for maximum durability and fully cast end tanks to ensure maximum flow of air into the unit and out to your turbo – equaling more HP. As with all of our products, the Performance Intercooler is covered under our Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
APPLICATION AND INSTALLATION
This intercooler is specifically designed to fit the 2020-2023 Ford Explorer ST equipped with the turbocharged 3.0L EcoBoost engine as well as the 2020-2023 Ford Explorer equipped with the 2.3L Ecoboost engine.